intelligent-decorating.com aims to be a one stop resource for all aspects of
painting & decorating its procedures and associated products.
This site is designed for painters and decorators of all abilities.
Here are 10 basic safety points for you to consider before commencing any decorating work.
1. Do not carry out tasks that are beyond your capability.
2. Do not use power tools or products without first reading ad understanding their instructions.
3. Clear the working area of any obstacles or trip hazards.
4. Always wear the correct protective equipment for the task in hand.
5. Examine stepladders, planks and any other access equipment for defects before use.
6. Always ensure stepladders are fully open and locked into position before use.
7. Always use ladders in a safe manner, at the correct angle and footed by an assistant.
8. Ensure there is adequate ventilation when working in confined spaces.
9. Do not stretch, or overreach yourself to gain greater access.
10. Consider your every action, if it feels unsafe then it possibly is. Stop. Evaluate. Resolve.